Purpose: The music ministry’s goal is to help us worship and praise God in a manner that is pleasing to him.
The following criteria guide us in selection of worship lyrics:
- Lyrics that are biblically and theologically sound
- Lyrics that are biblically and theologically mature
- Lyrics that are emotionally balanced
The following criteria guide us in selection of worship tunes:
- Tunes that are well-crafted and balanced in melody, harmony and rhythm
- Tunes that are lovely, reflecting the beauty of God
- Tunes that are universal in appeal
- Tunes that are emotionally suited to the words, i.e., “singing that is not more moving than the truth conveyed in the words” (from Augustine’s view)
- Tunes that are singable, neither overly difficult nor trite to
The Music Ministry includes large-group opportunities such as Worship Choir (adults), Dare 2 Declare (3rd-8th grades) and Kids of the King (K5-2nd grades), as well as smaller ensemble opportunities for singers and instrumentalists.