Thank you for visiting our website! I am delighted to tell you about Tampa Bay Presbyterian Church.
- We are a Bible-believing, Gospel-preaching church.
- We are committed to the authority of the Word of God for all of faith and life.
- We believe that faith in Jesus alone is the only way to receive the gift of eternal life.
In regard to denomination, the Tampa Bay Presbyterian Church is part of the Presbyterian Church in America. Therefore, we are Evangelical, Reformed, and Presbyterian.
You may be new to the area, or perhaps you have lived in the area a long time. Regardless, I do hope that you will enjoy our commitment to evangelism, worship, fellowship, discipleship, and service. We believe that these are what we are called to do, and we invite you to learn more about us.
- Browse through these pages. See what we offer.
- If you have any questions for me, please call our church office at 813-973-2484 to schedule a time to meet.
- Please visit the church for worship or some other event. We are eager to meet you and to get to know you.
Grace and peace,
Rev. Freddy Fritz,
Here is a summary of the history of Tampa Bay Presbyterian Church.
- July 1979: Ordained and commissioned by the Central Florida Presbytery to plant a church in northeast Tampa Bay. Rev. James Saxon was church planter. Began with a core group, spent the summer gathering a church nucleus.
- September 1979: Began Sunday evening services with approximately 20 people.
- November 1979: Began Sunday morning services with approximately 35 people.June 1982Organized the church with 60 charter members.March 1986Purchased 3 acres of prime property in what is now known as New Tampa.
- April 1988: Held first services in new facility on Easter weekend.
- November 1992: Dedicated the Phase II educational building.
- July 1993: Purchased 2 additional acres of adjacent property.
- Fall 1994: Began NTCA, a Christian pre-school that at one point included first and second grades.
- February 1999: Began first daughter church in east Tampa (Brandon) area: Redeemer Presbyterian Church.
- March 2000: 20th Anniversary Celebration
- August 2002: Rev. Freddy Fritz began duties as Senior Pastor.
- September 2009: 30th Year AnniversaryNovember 2009Completed Forward by Faith Capital Stewardship Campaign
- September 2010: Mortgage paid off!
- July 2011: Added Pastoral Intern James Nichols to staff
- June 2013: James Nichols installed and ordained as Associate Pastor
- April 2015: Dedicated West Wing expansion, adding classrooms and storage to the building
- June 2016: Associate Pastor James Nichols accepted call to PCA church in Muncie, IN
The Presbyterian Church in America (PCA) is our denomination.